COLUMBIA GARDENS WEBSITE PRIVACY
This Privacy Statement discusses the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information by Columbia Memorial Park (referred to also as “Columbia Gardens Cemetery” “us” “our” or “we”) and applies to visitors on our website and the mobile website and any applications that we may operate, including any which may assist in locating grave sites and any pages which may link to this Privacy Statement.
What personal information does Columbia Gardens Cemetery collect from or about you?
We only collect information we believe is necessary for the legitimate business interests of Columbia Gardens Cemetery. You do not have to provide us with your personally identifiable information but, if you do not provide us with the information we require, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or certain features of them.
You may also be able to deal with us without identifying yourself (i.e. anonymously or by using a pseudonym) in certain circumstances, such as by not using your real name as your “Public” or “Screen” name.
Here is a list of the type of personal information we request, collect or you provide:
- Name, contact information and payment details: It is necessary to have updated information on every person who owns interment rights in Columbia Gardens. Also, on occasion we may send emails to you regarding events or special services being offered. Having contact information will make it easier to keep you apprised of activities in the cemetery.
- Your background and interests: As a user of the Website and applications, you can also choose to share certain information about yourself, such as your location, home page, and background and interests with other users by adding to your user profile – the amount of this type of information that you add to your member profile is entirely your choice.
- Your family and others: You may also post additional personal information about yourself and others in the course of using our Website and applications, e.g., adding a photo or bio to an obituary or a memorial or sharing it with someone through the Website and applications. Similarly, others may post personal information about you or your family members in the course of using our Website and applications.
- Your opinions and comments: If you share opinions, participate in community discussions, chats, and communications between us or between you and other users, or during any disputes you may have with us or other users, we will capture that information. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Your use: While you use our Website and applications, we may collect information based on your interaction with our Website and applications or from the devices or computers you use to access the Website and applications, including web log information, page views, searches conducted and IP addresses which may identify you. We also collect information about your activity on the Website and applications such as when you post photos, bookmark gravestones, or contribute any other content on the Website and applications.
- Location data: You can choose to provide your location to us in conjunction with our photo Volunteer program. In addition, we collect and store information regarding the searches you conduct on the Website and applications, which include the locations you enter into the search fields. If you access the Website and applications using a mobile device we also collect location data directly from your device with your consent via your device settings.
- Mobile device data: If you access the Website and applications using a mobile device (for example, phones, tablets, iPads etc.), we collect mobile device identifiers such as the device type, IP address and the operating system which may identify you. We will also occasionally send you push notifications to provide you information about our services. You may opt-out of these notifications at the device level.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information to provide you with quality services, to carry out requested transactions, and to improve our Site and our service and event offerings. We may use some of the information that we collect concerning you in order to present you with information concerning services or events that may be of interest. For example, we may tailor our marketing efforts based on the types of services you purchase, the services and events in which you demonstrate an interest, and your use of our Site.
We share cookies between third-party online floral websites when you navigate to those directly from our Site.
We do not share personal information with third-party memorial websites in connection with funeral, cremation, or other time-of-death services, and when you navigate to those third-party websites from our Site.
We also do not share personal contact information with companies that are not affiliated with Columbia Gardens (e.g., floral providers, funeral homes or companies in the senior living industry). We provide the outside company’s information to you and allow you to contact them if you choose.
Protecting Personal Information
We disclose personal information as necessary to operate our business, such as in connection with providing services to you or processing your transactions. We also may disclose information concerning you if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or to protect and defend our rights or property, or those of others. In addition, we may share anonymous information aggregated to reflect Site traffic volume, average time spent on a Site, pages viewed, and other such parameters with our business partners, advertisers, consultants, or other persons or entities for any legitimate business purpose.
Public Disclosure Using Non-Restricted Services
How to Contact Us
Customer questions, comments and feedback are very important to us. To contact us via email click here or please write to us at: Columbia Gardens Cemetery, 3411 Arlington Boulevard, Arlington, VA 22201.
Notification of Changes to Policy